Thursday, September 4, 2008

On and on it goes

I just really wish Gideon would quit screaming at every littl thing that doesn't go his way. Or when he is told "no". Or when his toys don't do what he thinks they should. Or when his little or big brother don't do what he wants them to.

I get offers to make playdates between him and other kids, usually of people I work with or at church. And I make excuses because I never know which Gideon we will get.

Tonight it is the crying, fighting, kicking, screaming unreasonable brat. But he isn't always like this. At least I think he isn't.

I got Isaiah a cell phone. just a cheap go phone. It calls ATT for free so I can call him, dad can call him, he can call us. He didn't seem all that enthusiastic, but today has has called and undated me and dad when he went to school, when he left school, when he got home. ITs cute, and a little annoying.

I am so tired. I was out late at that stupid ozark seven meeting, I didn't even need to be there, everything reguarding math and science had already been decided, and its set to take place over our spring break. So I doubt we will be spending anyone anyway.

today, I was so lazy. I literally told them to study quietly while I graded their tests. Which a depressing number failed. I suck as a teacher apparently.

I put gideon to bed extra early. He is just too much for me. He needs to stop this, for his health and my sanity.

I would really like to change into jammies now and spend the rest of the evening grading and ignoring everything. But I noticed that one of the tires on my car was alarmingly low, I better go get some goop tonight. And Gideon still in there screaming. Screaming. Screaming. I must be doing something wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are neither a bad parent or bad teacher Alley.
Chances are that you're class size is to big, as is the case with many schools today.
With Gideon, it sounds to me like he has a touch of "middle child syndrome"; acting out and being unruly are his way of trying to get more attention.
You've worked through worse problems, you'll beat these too.

-Dino