The blog I was reading is one that resulted in a writing career and a TV show for the author. Her content is much more interesting than the struggles of a single mom. But still, I figure I have LOTS of material I'm sitting on. Why not try to edit, stream line, rework and see what I can produce. If a guy can write a false memoir about drug and crime and get published, and a london prostitute can end up a successful writer, why can't I at least produce something compact, readable, that says "look, this is where I started, this is how far I've gotten, you could too". Another idea I had was interviewing family members and trying to piece together a cohesive explanation at the why we are all so messed up. Not sure I would get much cooperation on that on.
Edited to Add: Mr. Nice, he of the weirdest date ever emailed me and after I got over the stomach knots I told him to loose my contact info.
Have also been IMing with three dudes on POF.com, just for the heck of it. Very theraputic. Doubt anything will come of it.
Ah well, I write compulsively, but fail to finish much. Still, even if the only eyes to see it are relatives and friends who "have" to read it because they love me, why not try?
No comments:
Post a Comment