Took the pup to his second vet appointment. He's put on a half a pound in two weeks, I'm not sure if that's normal but he's certainly growing and the vet said he looked good. He's starting to fill out too. In another two weeks we will take him back for his final set of shots and to be neutered. Don't want to make anymore pups or to have him looking to make pups. The boys were so funny watching their dog get his shots. Gideon protested at first but then relented and just watched. I think the dog handled it better than they did.
Then we all went to wilderness park. Its much more park than it is wilderness. It is several acres of strip mined land that's been turned into a hiking and recreation area. There are trails that wind through it and tall hills where tailings or dirt were piled and creeks and deep, long pools where the mining took place. In warmer weather you can fish. The kids love it, they climb up the hills and then slide down on their bottoms and get thoroughly dirty in the process. There was also much climbing of dead falls and running ahead by one brother until the other brother hollered for him to slow down so he didn't get lost. There was also the throwing of rocks into ponds.
Gizmo (the dog) wasn't at all sure of it at first, but by the end of the walk he was running between me and the boys and sniffing and digging here and there. and all around being a happy, interested dog. Then some people with two huge Dobermans that were off lead came by and I picked him up. He only weighs five and a half pounds and would barely make a mouthful to a big dog like that.
This afternoon I may clean house. Or I may leave it be. I think we will make ham for dinner. I love spring time. Too bad the weather guy says it will be cold starting Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment