Until then.
I got out of chaperoning the baseball game, but its only a temporary reprieve, the game has already been reschedualed for a couple of weeks. Still, it was nice to be at home playing with my boys and my puppy and remembering what its like to actually be in my home.
My school is running its big fundraiser, a play. I'm sure the kids have worked hard on it and I am sure that they will do their best. But I know that they have also hired a bunch of professional performers to play the leads and spent so much on them and other helpers and equipment and costumes that they will be lucky to have broken even. Maybe I'm an old cynic, but when I went to school musicals were not fundraisers, they were opportunities to show case talent and to try something new. The students were the actors, musicians, makeup artists, and costumers.
Another thing, Mr. nice is still hanging around the periphery of things. Emailing occasionally. I'm a weak idiot because I haven't told him once and for all to get lost. I don't know why, well actually I do.
Because people aren't attracted to me. I am not the girl that men notice and want to get to know. I'm the girl the pretty ones take out as a wing chick because they know I wont soak up too much attention that would be going to them.
I guess I've never felt like putting hours a week into my appearance was time well spent. I suppose I could work out instead of playing with my kids and wear more aggressive make up and meticulously engage in obsessive hair removal, but really none of those things will make me funnier, nicer, or more fun to be around.
IF that's so true, why is it that I am becoming a modern day spinster? I'm such a damn whiner. I need to cut it out and go to sleep is what I need. And to quit checking my emails.
Oh, didn't get the job at the alternative school.
No comments:
Post a Comment