Monday, September 13, 2010

Dear God

Please let me be better at my job than I feel like I am.
Please let me be as patient as I want others to think I am.
Please let me be as kind to others as I want them to be to me.
Please let me juggle all this shit with a smile and a wink.
Please let me handle my life with grace even if I don't feel like it.
Please let me know the difference between responsibility and desire.
Please let me do better tomorrow than I did today.
Please remind my children that I love them and miss them and wish I didn't have to drive 75 miles to class and back twice a week after a full day at work.

Please remind me that I don't have things so bad, that in fact I am blessed and loved and worthy and competent.

Because some days I still feel like a 16 year old who's gotten herself into a world of trouble. And lord knows I'm past that at this point.

No comments: