It supposed to be about the kiddo, so I tend to talk TO the kiddo, and TO the mom. The meeting took place right as a staff meeting was ending, so the mom was there, ready, before most of the participants had come in. Its ok to start without them, although I did go quietly tell one who told others that they were here, but they all have a role to play, even if its just signing the papers.
Well, so and so stops me talking to the mom because she's GOT to go to an appointment (please, you couldn't come in earlier?)
And I forgot to check a couple of boxes in the form so there were extra pages that shouldn't have been there, its easy to write in your changes on the printed form, but messy and a pain to me because its supposed to be quick and smooth, no one wants to be in there long. Well, mine tend to go long, but I think we got done what we needed, and my Coop bosses say I do a nice job.
But I leave feeling flustered and flushed (I''m a blusher).
In other news, my predjudices are showing.
Did you know kids who live with their mom and a non-relative are 8 times more likely to be victims of physical abuse than kids in two (related) parent homes or in single (for real) parent homes?
Its something that I carry around with me. I try not to let it color me, my choices, my neuroses, but I think sometimes it does.
I like guys, I want to meet and share my life with a good one, but I also know what a huge risk it is to my children to bring a man into their lives. I know that there are men out there who see a woman with a job and a nice house who makes dinner at night and will say what they need to say and act how they need to act to get in good with her.
And then their leeches. Offer nothing, contribute nothing. Mean to the kids, maybe make another that they might be better with. Maybe they work, maybe they don't, but the rarely contribute to the home she's holding together. Maybe they are worse than neglectful, maybe they hurt the kids. Maybe the kids never say a word.
Like I said, my neuroses get in the way of what I think I want. But I think I may be saner than my mother was.
Do you think it'll make any difference in the end?
1 comment:
A huge difference. I'm happy to see that you are thinking about these things, especially for your boys. I think you're doing it right. Kids go with the father and you have date time. The boys don't need to be exposed to someone in their home treating them good one minute and bad the next. You are doing great....you have your noggin screwed on right. You are sane.
Post a Comment