No thanks.
So, first of all, the bad. My uncle passed away sometime last week. I say sometime because he was found by two of my cousins last Friday evening. He had been dead for a while. He was out of rigor, his blood had settled in all the low places, and his animals had torn up the garbage looking for food. Don't worry, they didn't eat him.
We are thinking it was an anurism, he had one 20 years ago that caused him to loose his entire memory and have to relearn everything. At the time he was told it could happen again. He was in cold weather coveralls, he had tools out, and the skirting of his trailer pulled off. I think his pipes had been frozen and he was in the process of working on them when what ever happened, happened. It was super cold last Tuesday and Wednesday. The last time his phone was used was Wednesday, to call the water company.
There will be an autopsy. He was either in his late 40s or early 50s. He had two children. My cousins Opal and Nick.
The good. I got paid, got my bills paid, went to Sam's and started stocking up for WWIII, and ordered Noah's birthday presents ordered from amazon. I should probably feel bad for doing all this on the same weekend my cousin is in mourning. To be honest I can't remember what the days immediatly after mom's death. I have fleeting glimpses of riding in a car or sitting in the offices at the funeral home. But conversations, specific events, escape me.
The possibly ugly. Tom's supposed fiance is on him to eat healthier. Which is funny, because his idea of healthy eating is to eat enough red meat to feed my family for a day all by himself. She's on a healthy eating kick these days and he, well, he's been eating me out of house and home for months. It shows, he's gained lots of weight in that time.
The other ugly, Mike is on drugs. He admitted it to me, he volunteered it to me. He looks thin, but he sounds better than he has in a long time. He says its working nights that caused him to go back. He has his own place, he's caught up on support and he sees his daughter regularly. I'm so worried about him.
And the pretty - I splurged and bought myself an awesome new purse, on clearance.
No comments:
Post a Comment