It should have been the asshat's weekend, but he said he couldn't keep them because he had picked up some shifts at work. Yup, the man can't visit with his kids on a weekend that he happens to also be working. And yup, he works shift work, evenings, in fact, so its not like he would be out of comission all weekend long.
But . . . he said he would come see the kids saturday. Saturday rolls around and he informs me that he's gotten bad gas at a gas station and stalled, but that he can come Sunday because the gas station will fix the car for free.
So, sunday morning passes and I don't hear a thing from him, so I let Isaiah go play. Then the asshat calls and says he's on the way. I tried to round up Isaiah so he could see his dad, but the id was doing his disappearing act thing. So asshat gets here and I figure, he will visit with the little guys for a bit at least, but no, he just drops off some stuff the kids have left at his house and then gets in his car and leaves. The drive here is over an hour. I don't know what's going on with him, but something sure as hell is.
On top of THAT stress, my brother is driving me insane. He seems to have given up on finding a job. He bugs me to put gas in the jeep and to buy certain foods, he supposedly babysits, but he isn't job hunting. Or even doing that much housework. Well, he took off Saturday for a date and never showed back up. I finally texted him when asshat was on the way to ask him to come home so that I could go hunt for Isaiah, and he gives me this big long argument about how I shouldn't care to find Isaiah so he shouldn't do this for me. Then he admits that he has plans.
Its like, fuck, if you had plans, just say so instead of being so fucking clever. I wouldn't have asked.
But then later, he, the guy who decided that he wasn't ever going to have his own family. Who informed me that he considered my kids his guys and intended to have them be his family, who bugged me and bugged me to get a bigger house so he wasn't sleeping on the couch. That guy informs me that he and his girlfriend have decided to get married, sometime towards summer.
Yeah.
What. The. Fuck.
He smells bad most of the time. He's got almost no teeth. He is unemployed. HE doesn't own a car or pay his own phone bills. He's impatient with my oldest son and seems to think he's an expert on everything, when in reality he's a hard to stand blow-hard.
And he has this woman with two little kids and a job and a car who thinks he's just the greatest thing ever.
I don't get it.
I'm nice. I have my shit together, and I can't even find a date and he is getting married?
What. The. Fuck.
This has certainly messed up my head space.
I am sure I am being unfair. The man has a right to a life of his own. But damn, he didn't even see her for their first date until after Halloween and now they plan on getting married?
I really can't seem to get passed it.
1 comment:
I think it's because you have standards not because he or she is better/luckier than you.
Post a Comment