And boy do I need it. Thsi week has been just awful. Not in any dramatic way I can point to, just a bunch of small things that have added up to major stress.
My students at work have both been off. The one student was "off his meds" again, this makes the fourth or fifth time since we got back from christmas break that he has been absolutly worthless at school and mom has told us that they are out od medicine for him. Its really frustrating, how do you teach a kid who will litterally sleep on his feet, doesn't care if you nag at him, doesn't care if you make him stand. Will spend day after day after day staring at the same assignment, refusing to pick up the damn pencil and do the work. When he is on his meds, and his mom makes sure he goes to bed at a decent time, totally different person. HE is bright eyed, he will wise-crack and joke and likes to show you what he can do. SO frustrating, the family has medicaid, so money isn't an issue, all the pharmacies around here deliver. There really is no excuse for this happening all the time. I think that someone in the home is using his meds, recreationally, but social services is already involved, so the only thing I can do is to try to not take anything to personally. Still, makes for a hard week.
My other student, the one who is usually in a good mood, will do anything you want type of person, hasn't been himself either. Very moody. Will put his head down and refuse to look at you or work or participate in anything. I haven't changed anything about the way we work. I wonder if he is sick, or maybe this is what the moodiness of puberty is like with an mr kid. All I know is that that kid is usually a ray of sunlight, and now he is (well to be honest, its like he's spoiled) not. Maybe I did something wrong.
Went to walmart tonight. Didn't need much, but the soda I drink (coke zero, better then diet) isn't carried at the local grocery store. While we were there I got some plant stuff. Call it my own version of spring fever. I got two patio tomatos and two strawberry plants. I planeted them in two large planters. I am hoping that it will be a neat thing for the boys to watch plants grow and then get to pick fruit from them. IF I manage not to kill them. The strawberries are perinials, but I'm not sure how that works with containers.
It is supposed to get really cold the next few nights, but then it will be warm and clear. So until then I have the littel garden in the bathroom. Its the brightest room in the house. Isolated, safe from the kids. I think they will be okay until then.
1 comment:
I wish we had a walmart. I put some lavender plants on my balcony, it looks so pretty now.
Your work sounds really demanding.
I am so proud of how far you have come Alley!!
KimKim
Post a Comment