Monday, April 14, 2008

Hookey-sorta

I called into work this morning. I am sure that I probably could have drug myself through the day. But I have been battling a UTI for a while, its been since last week that I noticed symptoms, but sometimes they go away, I was hoping this would be one of those times. No such luck . Was miserable yesterday. COuldn't sleep last night, not happy today.

Since I was home today, I kept the little guys home too. That Noah has gotten so good at being cute. I mean it, the kid has a career ahead of him as a cutie pie. Gideon is in this stage where he wants to watch cars over and over again. I am hoping that eventully he will grow out of it.

This weekend went to fast. MAybe because I wasn't feeling well, maybe because of the crap with tom.

Tom, must go back and re-cap. My brother TOm is very good at creating bad situations for himself and then whinning about them. The lastest one is a real doosey. He has a girl pregnant, she lives with her parents, who hate him. But they aren't really broken up. ITs just that she doesn't want to be supporting him and paying all his bills and raising the baby, with out him contributing.

Tom's answer to this is that he has spent the winter living with his looser friend, supposedly working for the guy's bussiness. Except that the guy doesn't want to pay TOm any money. He lets Tom crash at his house and drive the truck around. Tom has worked his ass off while this guy comes in late, takes two hour lunches and leave early. Marijuana is a major player. Tom claims he is clean.

Tom started working for this company tha does weed spraying along roads and highways. But they can't work in the rain, its been rainy the past month. So he hasn't been getting paid. He called my dad saturday and told him that he hadn't eaten in two days. Apparently his dear friend is willing to let tom work for him without pay, but won't let him eat while he is living under his house.

Anyway, Dad called me and talked me into going to get him. The plan was to feed him a good meal, let him wash his clothes and then take him back. I get to independance, and TOm has just gotten back from the chinese food buffet with his very pregnant girlfriend. By the time we got back to neody and dinner was made and eaten, It was late, so I talked TOm into crashign on the couch and that I would take him home the next day.

Of course sunday, I was feeling sicker. And Tom didn't want to wait until after church (god forbid he show up there). So, I sent Isaiah on the church bus and took TOm to indy, somehow I was talked into taking himout to breakfast. To the tune of almost thirty dollars. (when did a simple breakfast get so expensive?)

I dunno, I feel bad for him. HE says his looser friend is going to be evicted. But this job he has will pay over 2K a month once it gets going, yet he complains about paying rent anywhere. ITs like he has all these problems and I ave this urge to fix, but I know it wont do him any good.

I applied fro two jobs this week. One is a temporary job posted by the feds and one was a teaching job. We'll see. My new, lofty goal is to make enough money to not need food stamps for groceries. My my, how wonderful does that sound?

Edited to add: Yup a UTI. I wish that I could find a doc who believed me when I called and said I have X, please call in a script. I know that self-diagnosis is rather counter intuitive, but lets face it, a uti is not that complicated. I know what one feels like. NOw, I have to wait until tomarrow after work to even start treating it.

No comments: