Okay, so I mentioned that last weekend while his brothers were visiting their father, I bought gideon a helium filled ballon at the store. Ballons are fun. Ballons are cheap. What could be wrong with a ballon?
Well, this particular ballon has the traditional yellow smiley face on it. And it has been floating around the house for the past few days. Do you know how weird it is to wake up in the middle of the night and find a yellow smiley face watchign you sleep? Or how about stepping out of the shower and finding the thing bodding there. Just smiling. Watching you shower, and dry and dress. I'm telling you, the thing is weird.
I figure that as long as it doesn't actually talk to me, I'm stillmostly sane, no?
In less ammusing areas of my life. My idiot ex called late last night, he wanted to let me know that I was terribly lucky that when I picked the kids up none of his relatives (who apparently populate that town) were there. They wouldn't have liked the way I talked to him. My response that that they can not like it all they want. I have no problem telling any of them off and even less problem calling the police if someone tries to interfere in something that isn't their bussiness.
Shane's response was the his cousin was the mayor who personally signed the police chief's paychecks. That the sherrif in teh county was a family friend. That now that they knew what my car looked like, I had just better not be in that part of kansas unless I wanted trouble.
I responded that if he felt like threatening me, he was putting his future visits with his children at risk. At which point he started grousing about child support (I haven't seen any in two years), and taking me to court. (he can't even handle 24 hours without a major disruption, what makes him think any court will find him credible?)
He went on to telling me how he is going to have to tell ISaiah that I was impossible to live with. (so that's why he threatened to put my in the swamps of georgia) (Apparently our break up had nothign to do with his lying, stealling, controling, fraudulant employment causeing him to be fired->how silly of me, I remember it all wrong.)
Shortly after this, he or I hung up, I'm not sure who did it first. He hates to be reminded that he is a theif and liar.
I know that the whole call was ochestrated to mess with my head. I know this. I know that's why he called so late and I know that is why he dropped threats of court and police harrassment. But the thing is this, I am not afraid of any court. I don't have a history of theft. I have had the same job for seven months, the same home for over a year. He can't claim either. I take care of my kids, he can't claim that. SO court doesn't scare me. I also don't really fear his threats of beign picked on byt hepolice. I had never even heard of that town prior to him moving there, so I doubt I will be back. And despite what Shane likes to think, I doubt that his claims of distant kinship and drinking buddies is enough to get anyone to put their reputation and careers on the line for his vendictive pleasure.
So, I"m good. And my feet don't hurt nearly as much today as they did yesterday.
1 comment:
his life is so depressing. how lame. I love your attitude towards it. you're so together, it's hard to imagine how he thinks he can even mess with your head.
Post a Comment