Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Its a hard luck life

I thinks its a line from Anny. I could have it wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm close. I'm still feeling sorry for myself. The thing that absolutely sucks the most about being me is the loneliness. I'm a tough chick. A strong lady. Icey even, (they called me ice princess in high school and in a lot of ways not much has changed).

But sometimes you just need someone to lean on. Someone to talk to when I'm frustrated and a little mad and a little sad about something. I know that ultimately I will live no matter what happens with this issue. And I already know what actions I need to take to attempt to resolve this. I don't need someone to fix it for me.

I just need someone to talk to on an adult level who will listen and then give me a hug and tell me that it will work out and give me a hug.

I'm a good person, a loyal friend and can be damn funny when I'm not exhausted and relaxed. So why am I all alone when I can look in any direction and see shallow, boring, weak people who have great partners?

Ah, that's just the self pity sneaking out. Being tired makes it worse. I know this, but I got a second wind about eight and can't think about going to bed yet.

So, what issue am I making myself sick over?

the dog.

I turned in documentation last week about him being a prescribed therapy/emotional support animal for my son who has a diagnosed mental health condition. I didn't hear anything and didn't hear anything and so on all week last week. You know when I was at home and could deal with the thing in person?

Well, now they want more documentation. Some of what they are asking for is unlawful. They can't ask for a specific diagnosis. But they have.

So I've already talked to Isaiah's case worker. She will get the care provider to write another, more specific letter. I'll have to sign a release. And drop off the new letter tomorrow or the next day.

And on top of that, I have class tonight, class tomorrow, and I have to go to supervise a game in bfe Missouri Thursday and don't think I will be home that night until midnight. So sometime I have to find time to meet the case worker, get the letter, and drop it off at the housing office. I just don't know when I am supposed to go it.

So yeah, it will work out. One way or another we will survive. But I could still use a hug from a friend. Just a hug, that's all.

4 comments:

msholiday said...

(((((hugs))))) You deserve so much more than just a hug. You have so much on your plate without support. Wish I could help other than by these written words.

~Ang~ said...

((((Hugs)))) I'm the new follower ;-) I started following your blog cuz I too am a single mom and I thought it would be nice to read your blog and try to offer support and vice versa :-)

Alyce said...

Hey, anyone is welcome here.

Unknown said...

Yeah... hugs all around. Some weeks we just need to know that our efforts are working, that we can just feel that comfort... and a hug can provide so much support.