Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Divorced Now

Took me long enough, didn't it?

It was actually not as traumatic as I was afraid. Since I was the person who filed, I had to take the stand. Since we did it without lawyers, the judge questioned me. The questions were pretty general. Did I remember when we were married? Was I sure I wouldn't decide we could be compatible later? Joint Custody of the kids with primary residential custody with me.

I didn't bother to ask for more child support since he doesn't pay me what he owes me now. A parenting plan implies that he intends to follow it, but he doesn't. As things are now he barely sees them and tried to get out of seeing them.

One more signiture and we are done. Yay!

I'm a single woman.

And I think I'm going to be that way for a very very very long time.

The guy I've been talking to is turning out to be a dud.

I'm not sure how much I put on here about him. But the gist is that Amanda introduced us through facebook. I've text messaged and facebook messaged the guy a lot. He's always found a reason not to TALK on the phone. He says things (via text) like he misses me, I'm beautiful, he can't wait to meet me.

I offered to come see him this weekend. I have been craving sushi and its always nice to eat with someone else, and if he was a dud at least the sushi would be worth the drive. He declined.

Says he wants to pay for our first date. On the one hand its really sweet, on the other, how sexist can you be? If I'm worth meeting, why put me off for another three weeks until he gets a paycheck?

And then the final (as far as I am concerned blow) his phone is shut off for nonpayment.

He just moved to the area in October. He hasn't been regularly visiting his child (letting the courts work out the details), which probably means he hasn't been sending support either.

I just got out of a relationship with a poor guy. that guy would let me pay. But it still sucked.

Is it shallow that I don't want another relationship with a poor man? I have enough money that I don't need to be treated all the time. But it seems like this dude just doesn't have much going for him. He needs to get his financial house in order.

And its weird that he says things like me misses me when we've never met or spoken. I am beginning to thing that there really are no good ones left. That only loosers will turn my way. I don't want a looser. I'd rather be single.

I don't want to be one of those bitter, man hating women. But then I look around and I wonder, what the hell happened? Half the species is just crap?

No comments: