Oh my goodness. I really need the stress levels to go down. Let me see. Yesterday was going okay, until I get a call from gideon's daycare saying he was very sick and that I had to come get him. Which resulted in me having to call all over creation for a stinking ride to get him. Lisap was sick and had her phone off. It was bad enough. But to make things worse, in the same classroom were the family preservation social workers for both my students (watching me trying to go get my son with those beady little social worker eyes). Then the schollnurse comes in, I'm still calling and texting and trying to give a math lesson to one of the boys. And she wants all the readings off teh glucometer for the diabetic kid.
But here's the thing. I have seven different documentations I have to do, every day. I have two communication books. Two sets of typed notes. A med book, the medicaid form, and the glucometer readings (the ones from home, not just the readings we do at school). I don't get a break. These kids are not the sort of kids you can get started and then go do paper work while they work. So, not every thing gets done every day. I get behind on the old glucometer readings. Teh social worker wanted to look at them. One of the issues they( and we) have is that mom doesn't provide very good diabetic care (there are days he doesn't get tested at home at all). Well, I didn't have those ready. SO I get ranked out in front of my students, the supervising teacher, the two social workers, by the nurse.
Tehn she offers me a ride and procedes to rank me out the whole way. I was so stressed out. I feel like I put a lot of effort and work into my job and that all of that was discounted yesterday. Anyway, I called the central office and was like, I have thus thus and thus I have to document. I have to put together their activities. I don't get a planning period and I can't really take my eyes off these students. I don't have time to do ALL of this stuff. I need a break and I need an actual break. They said they'de look into it, but that I was not supposed to be putting together the worksheets and activities for the boys. They also said that they would try to find a way to stream line the documentation.
I don't know if it was a smart thing to do or not. Today was certainly quieter. I still feel like the supervising teacher feels like these two boys are just too low-functioning to be worth him spending much time on.
Maybe I'm a whiney idiot who can't handle the real world. Maybe I'll never have a real job (one that pys enough that I don't have to byg groceries with food stamps) because of this. Who can say.
I do know that I didn't want to go back there today, but I did. I did it for those kids and for my kids. I know that I told my boss that i would be gone next week almost two months ago and he's guilting me about not being able to find anyone willing to sub. (Wouldn't it tell you something if yo couldn't find anyone willing to do this for even one day?)
I also pu together a set of bunk beds yesterday. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it by myself (it was tricky in a few places). But once the very big and very heavy box was there, there wasn't much of a choice. The bigger two slept in them lastnight and no one died. The baby slept in his bed in the bedroom for the first time last night, and he lived too. SO I think this whole thing was more traumatic to me then to anyone else.
I am looking forward to the weekend and I am counting the days until I go to the rheumatologist, until then, I think I will be on edge.
1 comment:
How great about the beds, the boys must all be so comfy and cozy now. That was an extremely loving thing to do to put together big heavy beds when your hands hurt - you're a good mama.
Post a Comment