Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Made a resume

Which is a good thing, because I am super-duper frustrated with work. One of my students, we'll call him "sleepy" has gotten to the place that he will do absolutly nothing for me. He'll do things for other people (you know "real" teachers) but not for me. I get the impression that someone has told him that he doesn't have to mind me.

My boss is one of those who thinks that negative consequences don't work, so even when we send notes home, they are coached to sound fluffy. Its not the kids fault he isn't getting anything done, blah blah blah. Yes, he does have some medical and mental issues that make things hard for him. That's why he is in specail ed, but he won't even look at the work or pick up a pencil to COPY what I have already written. So freaking frustrating that I want to scream. And I can't do anythign to him. I can't send him to the principal (my supervising teacher has somethign against kids getting into trouble). I certainly can't stand him in a corner. The family didn't want me hired for this job in the first place, so its not like sending a note him in the communication book will get a result.

Arg, and I'l be damned but blogger's actign weird too. The text area is narrow enough and now its not even filling the whole area when I typ. That'l be fun for you guys to read. I miss my old blog with its hundreds of entries.

Broke out in "no reason hives" again today. It's so much fun to strat the day feeling rather pretty even though your feet hurt like nothing else ever has and then by lunch time you have red welts coming up on your face, neck, chest and arms and you know that when people look at you all they see is gross looking blotches and me trying not to scratch myself bloody.

Luckily my friend lisap was able to bring me some benedryl. After two of those the hives faded fairly quickly. Still have faint red bruises where they were, and I've been cranky and spacey all night. The drug makes me sleepy, since I can't sleep, I end up cranky. (I sound like such a friggen baby).

Didn't get a chance to talk to the principal today. There was a rotary meeting and I think I heard that he would be out of the building part of the week. But I did find out which science teacher was leaveing and I did put together a new resume and cover letter. I also printed off and unofficial transcript and some materials off the department of education website that had to do with the restricted licensure. I am trying very hard to not pin too many hopes on this. After all, they are required to consider certified teachers over non-certified applicants. And its probably a long shot.

No comments: