Monday, February 11, 2008

Thunder sleet

Never heard of it, but it happened last night (very early this morning actually). Thunder and lightening, but instead of rain, it was an ice storm that fell, coating streets trees and anything else that happened to be out side with ice. Little icy pellets litter the ground. School was canceled. I don't know how anyone made it to work today, although I suspect they found a way.

We ate reheated fried chicken for lunch. I made pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I thank god that I thought to walk up to le store to get a gallon of milk yesterday (I had pretty much decided that we were going to daycare, the baby sitter and work/school this morning and it wasn't a big deal to be so low on milk, but I guess god was talking to me, because after the littel guys were down, I walked to the store and back in the cold.). I don't know what we are going to eat for dinner tonight. I think I might have a box of chicken helper in the cuppord, and a chicken breast in the freezer, one of those huge individually frozen ones that is pumped full of saline.

After that, we are definitly out of food. The weather isn't set to break until late tonight, so odds are good we will be home again tomarrow, and that it really wont be safe to be out on the roads, not that we have a car to get out in, but it wont even be safe to ask someone to get out in the roads on our behalf. I really really hate this. And it isn't getting better, its getting worse.

I made up a huge schwans order, it takes over half my food stamps, but I don't know if the guy will be out making his rounds today, he didn't last time there was a bad ice storm, and I don't blame him, there shouldn't be a need to risk one's life and health just to deliver over-priced icecream and frozen foods.

I don't know if LP has gotten ove rit or not. I think she understands how nerve wracking the behavoir can be to others. And how stressful it is to be so totally dependant on others for things like getting to work or the store. She also said she is putting in for a different nursing job. One with more regular hours. I hope its because of what she wants and not what I want. I guess there are some nasty politics going on where she is now. (Which is why I won't go into nursing, too damn many people being catty towards eachother, and since I have a tager permamnetly attached to my back, not a good place for me).

SO. it was exciting here in the pre-dawn hours, and might get that way again. But for now we all have cabin fever and the boys are dong their best to torment eachother, even Noah is getting in on the action. This grocery bussiness has me a bit worried though.

It isn't that I can't afford food, its that I can't get anyone to take me to a grocery store. Feeling claustrophobic and trapped. Not a good place to be right now. Trying not to stress out on the boys.

RA update: the hives ar emostly gone, just red ghostly marks were they were. My hands and feet were very very stiff and painfull this morning. The first knuckle on both hands is stiff, and the index fingers are swollen and hard to move. The right is worse then the left. My feet also feel swollen, the small toes and the joint at teh big toes are painful today, again the right beign more intense then the left. I think that is because I am right handed.

2 comments:

msholiday said...

I don't agree with a lot of things you say.....religion, politic's, etc., last I heard it was still a free country. So write away. I wondered what happened to you. I couldn't believe I couldn't find you. Thank you Kim.

Alyce said...

Sorry to worry you. I think I must be the only person on theplanet who can have different views then another person and still be their friend.

Well, maybe not the only person, and besides, looking at things from another vantage point, soemtimes makes me reexamine what I think about the topic, which leads to growth.

I think its healthy, and I try not to say "so snd so is evil".

Rambling, must stop. Trouble shooting something at the moment.