Thursday, February 14, 2008

Scary all around

I finally heard back from the crazy lady. It seems that she has no problem with calling me when I tel her I have her money. Barring unforseens problems, I will pay her off tomarrow.

I was in a panic this morning. The two older boys, Isaiah and Gideon, both had a doctor's appointment right after I got off work. I had told Lisa about it, wbut this morning she tells me that there is no way she can possible take us. Great. They had to go.

I broke down and called those stupid social servies contractors who insist on wasting their time by opening a case with us. (Aleged child abuse/neglect including medical neglect). I told them hey, you people are on my back about having missed one or two doctor's appointments, well here is the situation.

Luckily, my brother tom showed up out of the blue and I was able to get him to take us. And then he drove us to indy and I go tto take care of the things I forgot about tuesday.

Sometimes it is so surprising to me how much alike my brother tom and I are. WE both like the same sorts of tv and books, to the point that we have even considered writting one together. WE are not totally alike. He thinks that the enternet is a terrible horrible money sucking monster. I think its a useful research and social tool that funds itself with marketing.

So, its gettign closer, the car thing. I have TOm on the lookout for a car for me. I told him about what I wanted (big enough for two carseats and lots of groceries and reliable, not beat up) and what I wanted to pay for it (less then four thousand). I am hoping that I can get the whole drives's liscence thing taken care of and start drving myself around before the month ends. That would be so cool.

I could actually plan on something fun to do with the kids. I could take them all to the zoo over in indy or to a carnival or a fair or just to the store with me. I could plan on havign fresh fruit and veggies around because I would have the freedom to go get more, its hard to keep salad on the menus when you anly really shop twice a month.

I know its also a huge added exspense to my life. But imagine, getting up in the morining and getting ready to go. And then actually going, no waiting around for a ride. No worrying about weather or not I can get all of us to where we need to be. I can actually take my kids to an activity, he won't have to ride with another kid that is unbearably rotten. How cool is that?

Ah well, enough fantasy. I'm tiered and need a hot soaky bath.

No comments: