Friday, December 26, 2008

"Bringing you the finest is assemble yourself furniture"

Okay, so I am not crafty, nor am I anywhere near what might possible be called skilled with the hands. 

But I got ambitious today and bought a computer desk and a toilet huch thingy. And I managed to put both together, sorta. The toilet huch (a little shelving unit that sits behind the toilet to hold towels and stuff) went together fairly easily. It was a metal frame thing. The desk, a super heavy particle board monstrosity wasn't so easy. It is supposed to have a little shelf that runs across the back of the desk, for prettyness and storage. Well, I followed the instrustions precisily and the top part was so heavy that when the instructions said to turn the thing over, the top pulled away from the rest. 

I have it set on top like it is supposed to, but it isn't very stable. I don't think I would have bought it if I had know that it would only be held on with six screws. I guess its supposed to be anchored to the wall, another thing I didn't know just looking at it in the box. Oh well, its a lot more functional then what I did have, and give me some working spave so i guess its a good thing. One of these days i will be able to afford furniture that I don't have to put together myself. Until then, I guess I need to get bett with the handy ness. 

No comments: