Thursday, December 18, 2008

WORKED!

Well, got to work today. The weather warmed up enough for all the ice to melt, because apparently no one around here can be bothered with scraping it off the roads! 

Anyway, now its rainy and foggy, but the air is warm enough that it will not freeze again for a while. Supposed to be "warm" and rainy tomarrow too. Better yet, I teach until eleven and then its HELLO VACATION! 

Its different when its a planned vacation. I can keep the kids and myself up a little late and sleep in. Which is better then getting up at four thirty and being dressed and eating breakfast when a call comes in at five thirty to tell me they just canceled school. At that point, I am up, it isn't fit to go out of the house, and my whole day and lessons for the week are officially blown. 

The school, being catholic and wanting to instill christian values, does a lot of public and community service stuff. Most of it I think is just silly. They sent a group to do a play about teen choices at a larger high school, they went a toured a prinit pressroom, They cleaned the church. Well, the latest one is that there is a group home for kids in state custody (foster care with not parents, like an orphanage) that lost its corporate christmas sponcer, they need presents fro fifty kids from infant to ten. I think I may go get some toys and some pjs to throw in the pot. 

other then that, the only thing of import that happened today was that I got pizza sauce on my favorite work shirt. I know its going to stain. Why do we never get stains on shirts we don't like?

No comments: