Monday, December 8, 2008

A (legitimate) Day Off

Okay, so today is a holy feast day (the immaculate conseption) so while we didn't get a single non-weekend break between the begining of the year and thanksgiving, we had a day off two weeks from chirstmas break. 

Oh well, I got to go christmas shopping without a couple of rotten children er, I mean, little darlings. YOu know, the fun thing about christmas now is the secret keeping. I have the presents locked in the trunk of the car, no peeking there! unfortunately, Isaiah has figured out that I am a terrible liar and keeps asking, is it a  . . . ? And then watching my face to see how close he is. 

He got a much more expensive present this time around then his brothers. I guess it works out that way when one is so much bigger then the others. But he won't have as many packages, so I worry about how it will go down. Basically, he got a steemer trunk (to lock his valuables in) and a psp system and a game and a movie for it that came with it. I figure I will let him play with that one a while and then let him buy new ones with chore money. 

The other kids, got more stuff, much less value. 

I made myself a Facebook account. A stude (I told you this already didn't I?). Okay, well haven't made contact with any students (not surprised) but I have made contact with some people I haven't seen since high school. One was one of my two very best friends who just sort of drifted away (or maybe it was me who did the drifting). Anyway, its nice to see her. 

the other one is a guy who I had a bit of a crush on in highschool, but I had issues with guys in highschool (having had a kid at the begining of my junior year) and never did more then say hi and probably laughed inapropriately at his jokes. He is married and expecting a baby, which is nice. 

So, went christmas shopping, took care of some buerocratic nonsense with the univeristy, mailed some stuff, worked on my final projects, and confirmed a babysitter for the kids next semester while I am in class (THANK YOU JESUS!) Oh, and applied for a grant that may just give me a perfectly graceful reason to not work at McAuley next year. 

1 comment:

msholiday said...

When I had kids about six.....from age 4 to 12. They didn't care about the cost what they did do was count to see who got the most presents. Whowever got the most was the favorite. Make the gifts all even. That way it will look like they got all the same amount even if it is from the dollar store.