Saturday, December 27, 2008

Can we just get back to normal now?

Okay, so a week without anything to do has been nice. Time with the kids, great. christmas, awesome. But seriously, another week of all this, I don't know if I can take it. The house looks like three little boys have run through it repeatedly (probably because they have) the kitchen is a disater area, there is mystery substance smeared into the carpet in the living room. The kids aren't sleeping well at night or napping during the day. Its too yucky outside to go outside and there is nothing on TV. 

I don't mean to complian, I get two weeks off and I get paid the same amount the next pay period, but all this idle time, not a good thing, for any of us. I mean it, they were up at 1 am yesterday wanting to play. I am grouchy and bored. Mostly bored. Can't really do much when they are up and around other then play with them, which is nice, but they get to the place where unless they are sitting on my lap with my rapt attention, they aren't happy, I don't know why that is.

Anyhow, its cold outside. I need to not be blowing a lot of cash so going somewhere isn't much of an option. Mike barrowed money from me and then wont answer his phone and I seem to be suffering from some brand of the blahs, probably a result of not having anywhere to go and nothing to do day after day. I just do so much better, from a mental health point of view, when I have a full schedual. I don't know what that says about me, that I need to be busy to be healthy, but it seems to be true and effective. 

Anyhow. I hope everyone else who does not work in education had a nice break and enjoys going back to work. I'll be home. all week. With nothing to do. Nothing fun at least. 

No comments: