The actual present opening lasted less then fifteen minutes. That isn't because there weren't many presents, there were lots, the ones I got them, the ones dad had sent from Tennessee and the ones the other grandparents had sent. The ones Shane (supposedly) sent haven't arived yet. It went so fast because it was a free for all, with Isaiah playing santa and handing things out and tearing into them as fast as he could. Noah and Gideon, who both have rather immature consepts of propety, immediatly go their things mixed up, but didn't seem to mind. Isaiah seems tolove him psp and assorted other loot, he's been in his room playing with it all all day.
It was just so nice to see them all playing intently with their new things. Instead of a big christmas feast, we had snacks, sandwiches and crackers and cheese. It was nice, because we got to spend the day playing together instead of me fussing around in the kitchen. We watched movies and played with toys (Gideon made a great potato-head face). It was warm so we went outside.
Anyhow, I am so thankful and so blessed to be where I am and to be doing what I am doing, compared to last year. I am truly, truly happy to be these kids' mom. My wish in the coming year: That my brothers get their shit together. That I get a better paying job, and can move us into a house with a yard and maybe get a cat or a dog (BIG MAYBE). That I can be as big a blessing to someone as I have recieved this past year or so.
I hope all three or four of my readers had a wonderful christmas and that you all enjoy your children and spouses tonight.
5 comments:
I'm so happy for you. Do you have any photo's? I think you have more than 3 or 4 readers. Have you read Pioneer Woman's blog: http://thepioneerwoman.com/ If I remember correctly you tried ads or something before. Might be time to try again. I know Pioneer Woman makes money on her blog.
I don't but I can start. I kinda got fired from the ads, apparently telling people to click on them is forboden, as is clicking on them repeatedly. Yup, didn't work out so well.
I'm on photobucket.com, I'll add a link to the blog.
Okay, have read some of that blog and 1) she is way better at both writing and making a pretty blog then I will ever be, unless I like actually take some web hosting and design classes and 2) I absolutely love her stuff. Wish I were that talented.
She does say how she does her site. Actually she tells it all. I read her and you religiously... first thing in the morning. Guess you can't be too boring a writer, I'm still reading. I do admire you, even more than Pioneer Woman. Pioneer Woman has it all and has a gifted life in many ways but you are so smart and doing so well for your circumstances, I admire and respect you very much.
hmm, will have to take a closer look.
I guess I have a problem with looking at where others are, and then comparing that to where I am and what I am doing.
I know that isn't fair, because I started behind others in a lot of ways, but I end up feeling bad and sorry for myself, which isn't healthy.
Anyway, thanks, it makes a person feel better to hear that.
Post a Comment