Tuesday, December 9, 2008

DONE!

I have just finished a class! YAY! I was so worried about it, the whole requirement was to read three issues of a certain periodicle and then talk about them with the instructor on a phone conference. I figured the man would be aksing me all these really hard questions about the things I read (student motivation, poverty, and teacher improvement). No, nothing like that. Just a little two hour conversation. 

I don't know if I am relieved that it was so easy and he's turning in an A, or to feel cheated becuase it wasn't that hard. I'm going to go with relief. 

I also finished a final project for another class I took. It was supposed to be an online class, but I ended up doing most of it via phone and email. And I work with the instructor's husband so I sent the final project (a teaching unit with a bunch of pain in the all requirments) to her with him. He seems slow, but I think its a southern gentlman thing, he doesn't miss much. 

So, I have three tiny things (corrections) to finish up for my last class, and then I will be academically done for the semester. Too bad I still have six classes to teach. I think while I have two weeks off, I will plan next semester so I won't be stuck doing things peace meal as I go. 

It is very cold here tonight. It was sleeting/snowing/freezing raining but that has slacked off quite a bit. I don't think we will see any actual accumulations, I don't think school will be canceled. (Not that I was wishing for school to be canceled). But I hate this stuff. It freezes to the wind sheild wipers, making them useless. getting windows cleared is a pain. I do it totally ghetto, I shut a sheet in one car door, streatch it across the outside of the windsheild and shut it in the other door to hold it in place. in the morining, pull off the sheet, stuff it in the trunk and go, no scraping. But I bet the neighbors think I am insane. Especially the Suadis. SO far, I am a bit afrais of how they drive anyway, not crazy to see how they do when ice is added to the mix. 

1 comment:

msholiday said...

Now that this semester the next ones will only get easier. You are doing so well. I'm very happy for you.