Thursday, February 19, 2009

An extra day when I needed one

So yesterday evening I was so tired and so cranky and so short with everyone around me that I couldn't even stand my own company. I was just tired out. So I sent the kids to bed, took some nyquil and went to bed early. Morning came too soon by far, but I got up showered, got the kids around. Was just at the finding shoes and socks point when the phone rang. It was the daycare lady. 

She was sick and couldn't babysit today. It was too late to call around and find a replacment. But we were all up. Crap, so anyway. I called work told the machine what was going on. GO ahold of one of the teachers who works on the same floor as me and asked her to make sure my classes were covered. She said she would. 

And then I finished getting the kids ready. More leasurly then normally. And took Isaiah to school. Spent the day cleaning house and resting up and being non stressed. It was great. 

Going to take Gideon to get a check up later so he can get started in that other preschool. And going to get caught up with my classes. I am not happy to me missing another day, but sure glad it came today. I needed it. 

No comments: