So its mangled peices were hauled out to the dumpter and Gideon slept on the matress on the floor last night. It went better then I thought it would. He did okay. But, that isn't the kind of arrangement I am aiming for so this morning, we went bed shopping.
I already knew what I didn't want. I didn't want anything made out of "engineered wood products". I didn't want to have to assemble anything myself. I wanted something sturdy and that looked nice.
So we shopped. Big lots had a great set, but due to a recall they couldn't sell them to me. I tried at Home Depot, but they don't do furniture, just appliances and decore. We tried a place called Moore's, but the prices they had were OUTRAGEOUS. Seven hundred, and that wasn't including boards or mattresses. So we went to WESTCO. Got a basic set, made out of solid wood planks and boards. It isn't overly decorative, but is is sturdy and not bad looking. I also bought a mattress, because as it was I had three boys and two mattesses.
I thought it would be nice to give Isaiah the new mattress. He complains that the one he slept on what uncomfortable and that he could feel the internal wires and springs. So whent they delivered and set up the beds, I had them take the older mattress from Isaiah's bed and put it on the bottom for noah. The new mattress is a bit on the firm side, but has a pillow top and I think its just fine, especially once you add bedspreads and pillow.
The lillte guys were cranjy pants all evenign because they didn't nap, and Isaiah has been complaining that the new mattress is worse then sleeping on the floor. But the little ones like their beds and I think if Isaiah will give the new matress and chance he will like it.
So now I am poorer then I was this morning. But I don't think it will be a problem and it was something I was planning on doing anyway. The kids were so funny in the furniture store. They were sitting on all the recliners and trying out the couches and (because it takes for ever to pay for whay you want) made a game of playing hide and seek amongst the displays of living room sets and tables and chairs and such. IT was cute, but I felt a little bad, the stuff was nice and brand new. And I wish I had the sort of little kids that were always cute and proper and well behaved in public. But the shop guys thought it was funny, so I guess no harm was done. Although rounding htem up once I was ready to leave was a challenge.
So, now the little guys are sleeping in their new beds. The play room is rommier with the bunk beds set up, Noah has moved up to big boy bed status with minimal fuss, and Isaiah is going to either get used to his new bed, or sleep on the floor for the rest of his life.
ANd I am six hundred dollars lighter then I started. Too bad it isn't weight.
No comments:
Post a Comment