So anyway, its been weird here. It feels like late april or early june. The peepers have come out of hybernation too soon and if this lasts much longer bugs will emerge as well. The kids, mine and my studens are antsy and a little manic.
And I think its affecting me too. I feel like things around me have started to spin out of control. Like things are slippery and I'm loosing my grip. I'm dreaming about zombies on a regular basis again. And I'm loosing track of grading, lesson plans, and assignments for class. I also lost the DVD I need for the online discussions that go along with the class. I think either the couch ate it, or one of the little guys carried it off. Either way, I need to find it or tune up my BS-ing skills.
All this adds up to trouble on the horizon. Probably of my own making and certainly of my own exaserbation. I don't know why this is happening, except for stress, the approaching aneversary of mom's death, and pms all rolled into one.
It all bodes poorly for me, unless I can get a feeling of control back. I feel like I'm in a car going too fast. On a rollercoaster as it starts down that first hill. On a runaway horse.
If I believed in premonitions, I'd be worried.
2 comments:
Sounds ominous but I always get little moody around "that time" too. On the other side of it things can look very different.
Those storms did turn out to be pretty severe though. I used to live in KS and remember them well.
Well, all the real nastiness was way south of us in Oklahoma, which I am incredibly grateful for. But yeah, hormones mess with my head.
Post a Comment