So, lets see, what happened this week, not at work. Gideon started preschool, he got on the bus at Cathy's and off the bus at Cathy's. He seems to have enjoyed it very much. He doesn't have the ablitly to tell me much about what actually happened there. SOmething about playground. I feel like a complete and total heel for not having seen him off to his first day.
Isaiah did really well at school this week and scored "meets expectations" on his reading assessments. FOr a kid who has ADD and isn't at grade level for reading, thats really good.
I got the new glasses and now that I am used to the new prescription, I am really liking them.
After being frustrated with the free internet dating site, I have deleted that account and am putting up a profile on Match.com. I hate the idea of paying to email "hello, you sound cool" to people, but all I was meeting was unemployed assholes or guys looking for a no strings hookup. Not what I want.
So, I searched a little, because it lets you see the profiles befor signing up and then decided to try it out. I think I'm going to take some nice protraits of myself to post. I have to finalize my paypal account, aparently when you link it to a checking account it takes a few days, so maybe I will be unlazy and preview the pics and stuff here.
I am feeling a bit hopeless about the whole romance thing. To run a basic search I picked out a few things important to me. No smoking, no drinking, my general vicinity. And then the matches came up. One was a guy I recongnized as being the older brother of a good friend from high school. I always thought he was kinda cute, so for grins and giggles, I read the profile.
Of course, he left his name off, but it was definitly him. He's a Christian. His ideal woman, doesn't drink, or smoke, has never married or is widowed, has no body art and no kids.
I have tattoos. I was married. I have three children I am raising alone.
I realize that this was one profile from one person who I really don't know well at all, other then to say "hey, that's so and so's brother". I know there are lots and lots of people in the world, and online.
But he is like a prototypical example of who I would like to date. Christian and dedicated to the life style and the real meaning behind that. Kind and unassumeing and all that. And I am the kind of person who that type wouldn't give another look.
I'm the scarlet letter for real. Only instead of it being embroidered on my shirt, I have three and they call me "mom". I don't know if that will ever change, but I know what I want in a mate, and I am willing to do what I need to look for it, and I am not willing to lower my standards in order to be part of a couple.
We'll see how much this depresses me in the next few weeks.
1 comment:
Good luck on your search, I'm sure you will find someone, hope he's your knight in shining armor. They are out there and willing to be involved in a young ready made family. The guy that you thought met your criteria .... really doesn't. Just from what he wrote told me he is narrow minded, and judgemental.
Post a Comment