Monday, February 2, 2009

God but its exhausting

to take the kids anywhere. Although I am coming to the realization that if I want them to be civilized when they grow up, I need to take them to places that require civilization now. Still, it is nerve wraking. 

Are people going to be bothered by them?
Are they going to run off?
Will they break something irreplacable?
Will they make an embarassing mess?
Will people think that I'm a lousy parent?

I think it comes down to the last one. Will people assume those rowdy boys belong to a terrible mother? Will people look at me and then the boys and think that we shouldn't even be there? That we shoudl just stay home and not inflict our presence on others.

I don't know. I do know that I tend to internalize the negative things that get said about single mothers and our families. I also know that we can't hide inside all the time.

Today was a longer then normal day (and my days tend to be long). The Isaiah and gideon had a doctor appointment at four, which meant leaving work when the students left. I had to buy gas on the way home. I had to go to the bank and pick up Isaiah and the little boys and rush to the doctor office. And then wait and wait and wait and wait in a tiny, echoy room with nothing to play with and lots of stuff to be told to stay out of. 

teh verdict is that Isaiah finally got his pills so the school can stop screaming at me over them. And gideon will be reffered to mental health for a pediatric evaluation. I don't know what will happen with that. Sometimes I think he's normal, just a little behind other kids. And sometimes I am convinced that he's a different specie entirely from other little kids. I DO know that he doesnm't talk like he should, he is very emotional, everything is wonderful great and happy or terrible, ruined and the end of the world. Both situations are announced at the top of his lungs. He is incredibly clingy on me and will either cling so much that he pulls off my clothes, or he will run off from me and not even look back. That particular trait is why I loth taking him anywhere outdoors like a parade or a fair. At least in resturaunts there is a measure of containment. 

Any how, after the docs, we went to walgreens. They were super busy and we were super hungey so I told them we'd be back later and took the kids to a place called yummy buffet. 

It was actually pretty good, and I am not generally a buffet fan. It was mostly chinese food with sushi, salad and a random selection of american food. The kids were funny, went right in and sat down, no need to wait for the waitress to seat us. Isaiah went to get food for him and then kept noah company while I took Gideon. Isaiah ate chinese food and icecream, gideon ate nuggets, eggrolls and icecream, and noah ate plate after plate of fuit. quartered orenges, melon and pineapple, and icecream. 

And it was cheaper then a trip to mikkdees because the little guys ate for free and we drank water. anyway, they weren't the best kids I've seen in a resturaunt. Noah and Gideon had a few tussles over food and territory and I felt like I was always having to get up to put a kid back in the booth and at one point noah ran through the whole place looking for me, and then just running. But I think they were sweet. 

And then I paid the bill and went back to walgreens, where the 20 minute wait had been waiting for almost 45. And it still wasn't ready. 

We finally made it home. And I'm tired. The kids are in bed and I think I may soon follow. I have class tomorrow and so it will be another long day. I'm broke (not really, but lower then I want to be) and the stupid IRS keeps changing the date they will send the refund I am owed. (IT went from feb 3 to feb 10, and of course no number to call and get a better answer. Stupid government)

No comments: