But its pretty outside. Where there is a pleasant breeze blowing in from the south, carrying the essence of the Gulf of Mexico on it. (at least in my imagination the Gulf is probably a thousand miles away).
My brother is now saddled with two free loaders and mike, who is a marginal free loader. I would feel worse for him if he hadn't volunteered for it. Probably forgot that he lives in a two room apartment.
So he's been over bitching and moaning about his plight. I feel bad that he feels bad. And I know how frustrating it can be to feel like he is working so hard and he isn't moving forward and then these people crawl out of the woodwork looking for him to "help" them get on their feet.
In other casa del alley news, I have a phone interview for a job tomorrow, not holding out much hope but better to try than not. And Friday I have an interview in person with a different district. I also have an application in for two different positions in the same district not far from here. On the one hand I really want to get hopeful and happy and feel like I'm going to get a chance to move into public schools and rural schools where I wanted to be and on the other hand I know that hiring is done my committee and that the people who ultimately decide who to hire are not the ones who hire you.
Bllrrrr, And I'm all antsy because of the warmer weather and want to go for a walk, but have homework and grading I ought to do.
I would give about anything to not be a graduate student next year. About anything and then a little more.
2 comments:
Just dropping by to say hello. Fingers crossed that everything works out for you. Dead animals ...not my thing.
You're such a welcome and respected member of our Singlemommyhood community. Please know that we're rooting for you!
I'm a respected member of a community?
You DO know who you are talking to, right?
I'm the one in the room being quietly subversive. Sometimes not so quiet about it.
Post a Comment