Been packing and moving small loads, calling utility companies and making sure their will be power and hot water when we move.
Arranged to rent a washer and dryer. I hate to do it, I know I end up paying more than if I bought it outright, but I don't have that cash on hand at the moment, and the rent is less than i would spend at a laundry mat. Not to mention the added convinence of not having to live at the laundry mat.
Talked with the apartment manager about the move and got some lousy news. It went from, ok cool, good luck, to sing this lease cancellation and we're gonna fine you and keep your deposit. I was momentarily tempted to just leave the place a mess, but they'd fine me for that too. And then put holds on my university records. I can see this becoming one of those things that has me so pissed and stressed I wanna cry.
BUT, not gonna do that. Gonna do what I know is right. Which is clean up the place and check out with the manager, even if I think they are all being assholes.
One wrinkle, I think in the lets pack things that we wont need for a few days frenzy, someone packed my hair brush. The messy look is still in, right?
1 comment:
You just can't catch a break, can you. That is so maddening. You're doing the right thing, some people love to show power over others. Talk about taking from the poor. Bastard!!
Hope you are really happy in your next place. Get a planter of pretty flowers for each side of your steps or somewhere and make it pretty. It'll feel more like your own. Good Luck!!
Post a Comment