Monday, April 5, 2010

Ok, now I know I'm not a bad mom!

I just read this news story about a woman who just dropped her kid off at someone's easter party and left. She didn't know the people, and had no connection to them. Just left her kid in the yard.

I try really hard to "represent" single-mommydom positively. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but there are certain elements in our society who feel like single moms are okay to pick on. Its the same with fat people. Fat people and single moms are okay to single out as causing problems for the rest of society. So, I try to be a good single mom, and just a good mom. I'm also fat, but working on that too.

Anyway, then I see news stories like that an I am tempted to change my mind. Single mothers like that give just plain motherhood a bad name. I mean, how do you justify that?

No comments: