Like my brothers. I love my brothers. But I feel like they are taking advantage of me and I'm getting tired of it.
Mike basically lied to me to get me to give him some money. He told me he had a bad tooth and the dental clinic wanter $35 up front to take care of it. I gave it too him. Then found out that he told Tom he was going to McCune to work and see his non-girlfriend. Mike also told me he was getting on at Masonite, which was also a lie.
Then there's Tom. I love Tom. He works hard. He has been getting his life back together. But he's an arrogant, pompus, blow hard and as much as I love him. I can only stand to be around him for a limited amount of time. He's taken this "lets be roommates" idea and run with it.
I took the day off and after my interview I thought I would have a couple of hours to myself. It didn't happen. Tom hyjacked my day. There were some houses he wanted me to see. He also wanted to tag along on a grocery run. No problem. Then I get to his apartment, and his friend justin and justin's girl friend are there too. Want to come along too.
My peaceful afternoon to myself turned into me playing cab driver to my brother and his friends, all of whom have no cars. Sad thing is, I'm not sure how it happened.
No, I DO know how it happened. I didn't say "no, I'd like some peace and quiet and maybe a nap this afternoon." When Tom asked me to take him shopping with me. And then when I got there and the other two were there, I didn't say "no, I am not a taxi service, go find land lords on your own".
And why didn't I? Because I hate for them to think I'm mean. Because I'm a wuss and a pushover. And I'm stuck. If I say no, then I'm a bitch who thinks I'm better than others. If I say yes, then I'm an idiot and a pushover who lets others mess with her day. I can't win.
Oh, and Tom bugged me to loan him more cash until I caved and did. So, now my cupboards are full, my wallet is empty, and I am frustrated with them and myself.
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment