Did you know how habitual it can become to check those sites, and facebook and email and see who's doing what? Well, for me, the person who tends to focus on something with a single mind, its pretty damn habit forming. Weather this tendency is part of the overall problem I am having finding, attracting and dating nice, quality men is something to think about later.
Its sad and pathetic that I'm still talking about this isn't it?
So, its definitely fall here. Its actually been one of the nicest I can remember. No out of the blue freezes. No 90 degree heat that lingers for weeks after it should be gone. Just days that get a little cooler each day and nights that get cooler each night and that perfect crystal blue of a sky in fall and trees that change color and then drop their leaves to blow through the yards. I love it.
Tonight is the last home football game, I think I'm gonna take the kids with me to see it. I hope they aren't wild monsters.
Isaiah is in serious trouble. He hasn't been turning in his work and has some pretty low grades. He's not allowed to have a "girlfriend" but I hear from friends and teachers (and him when I listen in to his conversations) that he's got a girlfriend and that she's not a girl I want him associating with. She's always in trouble at school and often plays a baby to get attention from boys or teachers. On top of these issues, he's gotten really weird about were he is when. One day he's staying after school to do homework and it doesn't end till five and he isn't home until after six. Too much time unaccounted for and him not able to tell me where he was or what he was doing.
So, I put my interrogative and investigative skills to work. He's been Arranging to have up to an hour unaccounted for in which he hangs out with kids I don't particularly care for. He's even been using youth group at church! Its on wednesday nights and they serve a free meal, so kids with unsavory parents, and therefore unsavory habits tend to show up. Isaiah has been ditching the nicer kids to fool around with these others.
So . . . his life is effectively shut down. He gets dropped off at school, he gets picked up. If he has to stay and finish work, he gets picked up and a teacher needs to email me to let me know. If he goes to an after school club, like cooking, fishing, or community service, its the same thing, I need to talk to the program coordinator to know that he actually went and when he will be done.
Until the grades are up the games and his computer are put away. Until I feel like I can trust him to be where he says he will be and be doing what he says he will be doing, his social life is shut down.
I thought he would be really unhappy about this, but I was talking to the after school program lady today when I picked him up and I noticed something else as I was explaining that he's been hanging out with kids who's parents use drugs at home, he's not happy, but he's relieved.
Its like he was pushing or testing something and he's relieved with what's happened.
So, did I cause this little episode of rebellion? Or is it a phase that he's flirted with? Is it that the kids who are on the outside are easier to initially befriend? Is there something about him, maybe as a result of having me for a mom, that makes him feel like he needs to do these things?
I don't know for sure.
But I'm glad he's going along with the results of his actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment