Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lousy Day

That's really all there is to say. I woke up to find that my dog had eaten my favorite bra. I have other bras, and that one was navy with dots so I couldn't even wear it under some of my clothes, but I LIKED it.

Now I have to replace it. Which means a trip to VS . . . . grrr. Good bras are hard to find.

Then I get to work and have a PILE of stuff to deal with. I have an IEP to finish revising. I had to get some students through an English test that was just IDIOTIC in its length. I had to leave work half way through the day to attend Isaiah's IEP meeting.

Where I found that 1) he can't seem to write a coherent sentence. 2) He doesn't get his work turned in on time very often. 3) The asshole who teaches language arts wont reduce the number or complexity of his spelling words.

I have two advanced degrees. I teach kids, I am intelligent and well educated. I can't spell for shit. I hate to think that he's going to fail his first year out of grade school over spelling words.

Then I get back to work, and I have to deal with my supervising teacher from PSU coming to observe. I also have a bunch of kids who need tutored to study for a biology test tomorrow, others in my room finishing the English test from earlier, four working on speech projects, and four who needed to find homework or something to work on quietly. They all had independent things they could be focusing on.

They didn't. They were bad. Really really bad. They argued, they called across the room to others. They were rude to the proffessor and told her that I am a bitch and I need fired and asked her if she worked for SRS because I was abusive. It did not go well for me.

Then she tears into me and says I "need to do some soul searching because special ed is different".

Well, what she said sure made me feel like shit.

And then I had to go tutor the kids who'd told her that I needed fired through an English (9 this time) study hour.

And the whole time I DID feel like crap. And I AM sorry she felt disrespected in my classroom.

But I AM GOOD AT MY JOB. Everyone has a bad day. Every classroom has a bad day.

Where there kids out of line? Yes. Was one in particular very rude and another so far off the grid that I need to take it up with the administration? Probably.

But DO I need to be told to rethink my career choices by someone who wants things QUIET and CALM at ALL TIMES and who isn't familiar with me, my class or my kids? HELL THE FUCK NO!

Now I need to just calm down enough to write her that in a nice polite, please don't flunk me email.

No comments: