The kids went to their dad's Friday. Tom left earlier that same day to go to a wedding with Mike and Nick (wonderful bunch to have at a wedding, guranteed to make your own relatives look normal and reasonable). I had the weekend to my self.
And I took it. I woke up Saturday, finally over the stomach bug from hell, wanting sushi really badly. I quickly put together a plan that involved a trip to Sam's club and visit with J. In fact, J decided Sushi sounded great too!
So, we had lunch at the Sushi place (wonderful, ate more than I should have, but I am going to assume it was all healthy) and then wandered around sam's. On the way back from Joplin we stopped at a local winery and did a tasting. (So fun and CHEAP, and good wines)
The place is Called KELTOI, look it up.
They have this covered patio with comfy chairs and will bring you out your samples and let you sit and chat and sip for as long as you want. And you get a free wine glass to take home. (we also left with a bottle) I definitely want to own a place someday where I can have my own covered patio, but that's a whole nother deal isn't it?
Anyway, made it back to pitt in time to cook dinner at J's apartment (men who can cook are so sexy) then we rented a couple of movies (which turned out to be kinda lame). And then . . . .
We went to a heavy metal battle of the bands at a seedy bar. J was all like "you wont be comfortable there" And later he was like "ok, so you can handle yourself in a bar" Duh, not a delicate little flower here.
By the second time we were back at his place, it was after two am, we were both thoroughly plastered and tired as hell.
So I basically got to spend the day with my guy and the night with my guy, and didn't get any.
Woke up this morning hungry, feeling like my breath was searing holes in the sheets and needing a shower, at which point I kissed himself good bye and drove home.
As much as I bitch and moan about being lonely, there is something nice about being able to leave home at home and go enjoy time with him, and then leave him there and go be home. Not sure exactly what to make of that though.
No comments:
Post a Comment