Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Must

Be a shallow person. I must be. The other explaination is that there aren't any men out there who are 1)educated or intelligent 2)in possession of all of their teeth 3) free of addictions and bad habits that look like addictions 4) employed or working towards such 5) and somewhat interested in me.

I really don't think having all of one's teeth is all that much to ask. I am afraid of going to the dentist and not blessed with strong enamal, but at the age of 29, I have my teeth and they aren't black.

I really don't think having a job and an education and being able to talk is a quality that should be unreasonable to ask for in a mate.

And addictions, do I even have to justify it? I mean, come on, why should I waste my time with someone who uses pills or booze or both to feel normal? Why?

Anyway, I feel like I've spent a reasonable amount of time looking and I haven't found anyone really worthwhile. There's Jason, he's great for now, if I wanted to just casually see someone for the rest of my life, he'd be perfect. But I don't want just that. And because he refuses to define our relationship as anything other than "its fun like it is", I have still been looking

I found the EMT dude who really likes to crack jokes about "punishing" me . . .. I don't think its funny and I'm not into domination play - so he's out.

I found photo dude, who turns out to not having any teeth and to look about ten years older than he claimed he was - I'm thinking drug habit or liar or both.

And that's it. That's all. No one decent, no one nice, no one who didn't leave me thinking that I'm better off never dating again than meeting up with them again.

Is it me? Is there something fundamentally wrong with me? I feel like there must be sometimes.


No comments: