Friday, October 1, 2010

Small Town Friday night

4:00 home from work, get a snack and mutter at the kitchen to see if dinner will fix itself.
5:00 Dinner is not fixing itself, so I fix it.
5:30 Isaiah gets dropped off by his "fishing club" teacher
6:00 round up little boys from where they are playing down the street (Cause Ethan has a jumpoline) and Isaiah from across the street at Brandon's and attempt to feed my children.
6:30 Isaiah gathers up clothes for the weekend, including light jackets
7:00 Sitting in the chair singing the star song with Noah
7:15 Now singing with Gideon.
7:30 Their dad shows up, almost an hour late, and takes them away.
7:45 The house is too quiet.
7:55 I show up for the last seven minutes of the first half of a high school football game (GO MUSTANGS!)
8:15 I've had enough football and we are loosing 41 to 0.
8:30 I drive around listening to music a while.
9:22 I'm home, typing a depressing blog entry, ain't life grand?

I miss my boys when they go. Its the simple truth. I know I enjoy the break, but to go from snuggled in a chair with my youngest, smelling his good smell and singing with him, to watching him get in a car and drive off for the next two days sucks. It sucks a lot.

I had actually hoped to catch the beginning of the game, but with Ass hat being late, it didn't work out that way. I was seen though, no one can say I never go to any sporting events. (The asistant principal always looks at me and says my name "Alley" when he sees me. I don't know why, but this . . . doesn't disturb me, but almost disturbs me, like it tickles a memory maybe?)

And I am forced to admit, I have a small crush on a person I see often at work. I can't help it. I know nothing about this person. And I don't believe in shitting where you sleep, so to speak, so all its going to be is a little crush, but I've got to admit that its there.

That's me. I always seem to want what I can't or shouldn't have.

I think I'm going to go to bed early, read a book for a while. Tomorrow I'm going to clean out my car, dye my hair (roots!) and do some scholarly stuff that I've been putting off.

I hope the rest of my readers have a better start to their weekends.

No comments: