Monday, February 25, 2008

Spooky coincidences or message form above

So, I've been struggling with the choice between teaching and working in public health. I feel like I keep getting different signals from god or the universe or whatever you want to call it.

I got the job as a para->education. I got into the graduate program and got it funded-> public health. Now there is a job opening at the school I work at for a science teacher. If the teacher I think it is that is leaving, then its with the same age group that I already like. In kansas a person can work as a secondary teacher if they have a degree in the content area and are willing to work to get the teacher credintials. I have a science degree.

So, I am going to approach the principal about the job, see if they are willing to work with someone on a restricted lisence. The ad said that they would be taking applications until july and the law says they have to give preference to a teacher who already has a liscence. But on the other hand, I live here already. They have teachers in that building who commute in from as far away as wichita, do you think that those folks are very dedicated to staying there. I love this town, I hate the idea of having to leave it to make a living, so I'd be there for as long as they'de have me. That has to count for something.

The kids there know me, they seem to like me, but still respect me as an adult, that kind of reparte has to count for something too, right?

I don't know what else I have to offer. I can't coash anything. I don't really have the time or inclination to sponser a social club.

I"d rather organize a group for at risk teens and teen parents who are trying to finish school. But I doubt that teh administration of such a small, conservative school would be interested in somethign like that.

Still, what's the worst that could happen? They say no and I keep on with the public health degree.

1 comment:

msholiday said...

Go for it!! You have nothing to loose and everything to gain.