HE was actually very good while we were at the intake interview, and she was still able to see that he had some behaviors and attitudes that weren't right. Simply put, he throws fits, is very clingy, has little rituals (like always picking up a rock from a driveway) that he likes to do, has no fear, is very active, short attention span, refuses to potty train, runs away. The offical diagnosis now is Disruptive Behavior Disorder, which will probably be revised to autism spectrum or ADD/ADHD at some point in the future.
I'm so sad for him, because I see the worst case senario, and so glad that I am not crazy thinking he's not normal. And Happy that they seem pretty confident that he can be helped to change his behavior and how he handles situations so that he isn't so unhappy all the time.
Okay, I"m tired, I have got to go to bed.
3 comments:
Don't worry too much about this. My Grandson was diagnosed with this and guess what, he is going for his driver's licence, he's 16, in special ed, is in Air Cadets and goes all over the place......on his own. Still clingy to mom, (a good thing) still does odd stuff but you know what he's happy and makes the best food ever, without a recipe. What did his mom do? She made sure he didn't sit at home, enrolled him into Air Cadets (he is the best marcher there, he never misses a turn) kept him busy doing stuff that wasn't repeditive. He may never live on his own but he is so helpful at home that he's a godsend. You have helped him in the most positive way. He may not change that much but he will be able to function in this world which at best is f'''ed up.
that is what I want for him at this point. Just to be able to be comfortable in his own skin and to be able to find a measure of success and contentment in life.
He's also probably the greatest challenge I have at any given moment. I love him.
Funny I always loved the kids that was the worst little beggars. To me they were asking for help with their acting out.
Post a Comment