Saturday, July 18, 2009

Apparently God did not want me to snack

So I fed the kids and myself tonight with a meal kit that was very tasty. But they ate it all up and i was still hungry. So after they went to bed, I started water to make some asian noodles. It was also very nice here, unseasonably cool, and I had the front door open for some fresh air.

So the noodles are soaking for their required eight minutes when this HUGE moth flutters in the one and only hole in the screen and starts flapping around my kitchen. And ends up right in the boiling hot pot of water and noodles. My noodles. My noodles that were going to have a sweet and tangy peanut sauce on them.

I am at this point completely unnerved and grossed out. I know, I know, I'm a biology teacher, I should be able to handle a simply insect. But this thing is HUGE, like the mutant moths off ember city huge.

So I dumped the whole mess in the sink and am going to bribe Isaiah into dealing with it in the morning. That damn moth is still twitching.

And I'm still craving a snack, but now everything about the kitchen is gross. It may all need replaced.

No comments: