Sunday, July 12, 2009

Damn, just damn

Okay, not that bad, but you know what a planner I am. And you know how I like to know what's going on, when its going to happen and any contingency plans involved. My friend Cheryl is the opposite of contingency plans. She flits from person to person and place to place and doesn't seem to sweat the fact that her plans could fall apart of go terribly awry at any moment.

I need a plan. My chaotic childhood and less then stellar start as an adult dictate that I now and forever must have a plan at all times.

So imagine how I feel when I find out that the same Wednesday that I had planned to go out and have some fun with Cheryl (and maybe run into a not ugly person who I am fairly certain will be there to perform on open mic night), she had also planned to drive to Kansas city to hang out with an old ex one day and a never quite was the next. On the one hand it should be that big a deal, a casual evening at an off night at an outdoor bar might not go down as planned. On the other hand, DAMN.

See, I am far to big a wuss to go alone. Cheryl goes alone all the time, but then again, she leads a far different sort of socail life then I do. People who creep me out, she stands and flirts with. People who are H O T hot and wouldn't give me a first look, let alone a second, are drawn to her like magnets. I don't know how she does it, but she does.

Anyway, short version is that I had plans and now I don't. And I don't like that.

No comments: