Monday, July 13, 2009

Bitch

Its an interesting word, don't you think? I have to admit, its been applied to me a time or two (or more). I will willingly "go into bitch mode" when I need to. Namely when I need someone to give me my way, usually when my kids, my money or my car is involved.

I've been called a bitch, usually by my ex's. I can understand that, relationships that are ending do not bring the best out of either member involved, and I probably said or did a few things that were out of line.

Most recently, and on a nearly daily basis, and in the nicest of tones, my dear brother has been calling me or implying that I am a bitch. I know I said I wouldn't, and its been a week and I already can't wait for it to end, but I am letting him crash on my couch. He needed to get out of the environment at Mike's house and get out there and get work. So I am letting him stay for a month. He already has an interview for a job and I hope to GOD he gets it.

I have been doing my best to be easy to get along with. He sleeps on my couch, he took over my laptop for a few days until i put my foot down and pretty much started hauling it around with me. (Honestly, I didn't pay what I paid for it to download movies and watch stupid cartoons like Squishy the squirrel.) He watches stupid TV like Familhy guy, and South Park, and for some reason thinks that I like it too- I don't like that stuff. I think its stupid and mind numbing and sitting listening to it, I can feel brain cells dying. So, I put some rules down about what was acceptable on the TV.

I don't keep many concentrated sugarsin the kitchen, they are too big a temptation for me and the kids wont eat anything but that if they know its there. So, what does he do? Does he ask me what groceries he can buy, since he's gleefully eating mine? No, he buys what ever he wants, which if he weren't eating mine I wouldn't care, and what he wants is sugary pop that I won't let the kids drink, icecream, brownies, frozen burritos. Stuff I can't feed them and that can't be used in a meal. he did buy some real food, chicken and chuck steak, which he used in one meal-fajitas, that the kids wouldn't eat and that could have lasted three meals or more.

And all this time I am having to tell him to get off my kids' backs, that he isn't to parent them. That barking orders and hounding my oldest about his room is not how I parent.

And for all this, I get called a bitch.

I tell him he has the TV too loud, which he always does, I'm a bitch. I argue with him about the person on TV who has short hair and no makeup not necessarily being a lesbian, I'm a bitch. I get tired of him lecturing on and one about issues and topics he knows nothing about, and I'm a know it all and a bitch.

He made a big deal about cleaining up when he first got here. I told him not to, that I didn't want him to spend all his time trying to keep my house clean and not looking for work, he says no, no, he hated feeling unproductive, he'll clean up. So I let him.

I NEVER once TOLD him to clean anything, except a bowel or something I needed to cook with that he had dirtied. And then today, he just STOPS, and this evening announces in his pompas manner that he wanted to see just how high things would pile up before someone lifted a finger. HIS EXACT WORDS.

I'm still freaking speechless about that. Are you kidding me?!?!?! HE is staying in my home, breaking my lease, smoking out side and dragging the stench in with him, eating my food, using my utilities, monopolizing my peaceful living room, and he wants to get high and mighty about my lack of dish-doing after he made a big deal about he'd do the dishes?

Anyhow, I compsed the first part of this post, and then went and took a long hot bath, which is always nice. And while I was taking that bath I had an idea. He wants to see "someone" else do the dishes-he can. I started the dishwashed at ten thirty. It takes two hours to run. After I had loaded and started the dishe washer, I started the washign machine. It is situated in the same part of the house and also tends to be loud. The dryer is also going. I may vacuum in a little while, I spilled some paper dots out of a hole punch earlier.

He won't say a freaking word, if he knows what's good for him. All the dishes didn't fit into the dishwasher, but that's okay, I set my alarm for six am, I can get up and load it then.

No comments: