Monday, July 6, 2009

The Trip

Well I made it there and I made it back, so that has to count for something. Thanks to the wonders of text messaging I managed to break up with someone I wasn't really dating so that was interesting and amusing more than anything else. I guess I shouldn't have questioned the logic behind purchaing a Hummer and a Mercedes while living in crap housing set up for poor community college students. Anyway, what started as a simple conversation and a question pissed himself all sorts of off and ended with him calling me a mean person and me telling him that I didn't want to be the kind og girlfriend who was always having to ask what she did wrong.

I picked up my boys, so nice to be back with them. They are loud, they get into things, they argue and fight and make huge messes. And I love having them back. Noah is so sweetly cute and stubborn. Gideon is so bright and inquisitive, and Isaiah is so mature and talkitive. They are happy to be home too. The little guys explored all thier toys, and Isaiah went on a tour of the area on his bike.

I have a morning class this month, so the little ones went to the babysitter this morning, and they were even happy to see her. Gideon has afternoon preschool and Isaiah has challenger which runs all day, so noah got some one on one mom time. He doesn't get that much, being the youngest with an older brother like Gideon. He's funny, he plays pretend games and talks in this quiet, sweet little voice for the people he is imagining.

I am not liking my math class. But then I knew I wasn't found of math and that is why I took the class. Its a challenge but a good one. It will keep me pretty busy though, need to stay on top of things, that is for sure.

I also have a full social calender. Shocking, I know. An old old friend, my best friend in high school actually, invited us all over for dinner wednesday evening. She owns a horse farm and runs several online businesses. I hope my children behave, I REALLY hope they don't cause a stampede. I am looking forward to catching up with my friend in person, after years of exchanging emails and waving at each other on facebook. Then on Thursday I am going to a small venu concert with another friend of mine, this is my wilder friend, Cheryl. I am hoping to have a nice time all around and not end up too tired. I'm not a social butterfly so while i enjoy being social, it takes energy from me, rather then energizing me like it would others.

So, that's a rather abriveated report of what happened. I would go on and on about the fun I had with my dad, but I didn't have much. He wouldn't come see the big fireworks with us and seemed to be more interested in maintaining his facebook farms then in spending a few minutes with me. The boys had fun with him. And were so happy to see me. They would just grab my arms and hug them. It was sweet and I am so glad we are all back together.

I need to go to bed. But it is so nice to be home and to feel like things are on a nice track at the moment. Probably means that a disaster I haven't considered in lurking.

No comments: