Most of the scraps are completely heeled. The deeper spot is looking like the scab will fall off any time now. But beside the deep spot, where a tiney little scrape was, he developed a small, purulent cyst. I took him to be seen about the cyst because it was draining puss and because the thing had gone from healing to not healing pretty abruptly. The doctor there declared it to most likely be MRSA, a form of staph that is resistant to penicillin related drugs and put him on anold fashoned antibiotic called bactrim. The next day the wound itself seemed better, but the whole knee was now swollen to look at, tender to touch, and uncomfortable to walk on. It was the weekend by then so I called the on call number and the person recommended keepinh up the antibiotics we already had and taking gideon to be seen by his docotor first thing, which I did.
Now the poor guy is on two antibioticsm another one callled keflex plus the bactrim. He takes one twice a day and one three times a day, his knee is even more swollen and very painful to move or walk on, the kid was hoping up the hall way it was so bad. He hates taking medicine and it took him spitting out two night time doses and refusing to take a chocolate milk sippy with a third dose hidden in it to get him to take and swallow a fourth dose, and that took bribery with popcorn a movie and a cup of coolaid.
I am very worried about him. I am afraid this may turn into something serious. i am afraid he may end up in the hospital, in which case I am royally screwed, I would have to stay with him, but i have no one else to watch my other two, I don't even have anyone here in town who owns a car that I know.
It is time like these that I truely hate being as alone as I am. Most of the time I just mildly dislike being alone. But times like there, when I realize that I may need to be in two places at once, that I actually hate it. And I am so so so worried about my gidster.
I don't think I have many readers anymore, but if you are reading, please pray for him. He is only a little boy and he is in a lot of discomfort and his moma is so worried about him.
No comments:
Post a Comment