Sunday, January 31, 2010

But what does it mean?

So, met Tom's new girlfriend today. She seems nice, has a couple of holes in her face that I think take away from her looks. She's pretty quick to call Tom on his crap, of which he has plenty.

She also seemed a bit taken aback at how er, playful we are. Okay, so Tom threw a shovel-ful of snow on Isaiah. And then maybe I went out to put a bowel of snow down his back, and maybe I got a shovel of snow for my troubles, its like we're all little kids again. I guess maybe other grown siblings still play like that.

Anyway, she seems ok.

Mike's out of jail now. He got out and realized he had over six hundred dollars in food stamps (I know, grown man on foodstamps, not cool). He bough Sherry and Lexi some (Lexi is his daughter), spent some on his friends Aaron, and cashed the rest in for cash. (He knows someone who will exchange for fifty cents on the dollar, completely illegal). He spent the cash on some clothes and shoes (good) and the rest on booze for his friends (some friends). He claims he didn't drink (Good if its true).

He has a job interview for census and is staying with Tom for now. Which means Tom has Mike, a mooch, and Brandon, and addict and a mooch living with him. Plus he's got this girlfriend he likes to take out now.

And then mike calls me and says, "do you want a boyfriend?" Which is not the usual way he starts a conversation. Apparently someone I used to hang out with almost every day know mike through his group and asked mike to set me up with him.

I remember this guy rather fondly, he wasn't terribly annoying or anything. We went to Pitt together, and he was part of the group of misfits I fell into, kids who didn't live on campus and could care less about sororities or fraternities or any of the other colleg BS that so many people find important at the time, but in truth are just asinine.

So, I don't know. I supposedly swore off dating for the year. I don't have a lot of time on my hands to date, but unless this guy has developed some bad habits, he isn't a bad guy. Didn't really give Mike a answer.

No comments: