1) I am going to stay away from the dating sites. I talked to some people in the forums and have discovered somethings. I am a unique person who is not easily quanitfied. There is more to me than my picture and a few paragraphs. The online venues are for people who are either looking for something casual, or who are easily categorized. This coming year I will revel in my singlness. I will stay up late watching stupid movies and go to bed early in ugly pajamas, when I want to. I will eat chocolate and not worry about staying fit for some dude. I will pursue my interests whole heartedly and without shame or embarassment. I will be open to making friends of all walks of life and genders, but I will not be looking for romance.
2) I will cherish myself for myself. I am a strong, powerful woman who has accomplished great things and been blessed with great gifts. I will appreciate this and not hold a yard stick up between myself and those around me. I don't need to measure up because I've already proven my worth many times over.
3) I will take care of myself. This means continuing to keep dental appointments even thought the scare me. This means fitting some excersice into my routines, not because I want to change how I look, but because part of valuing myself is making sure I will be around long enough to enjoy life.
That's all. It sounds a little self centered, but I think that if I do these things, avoid "dating" venues, enjoy my singleness, and take care of myself, then I will be a happier, healthier, more complete person.
1 comment:
Right on....now you're talkin.
Post a Comment