The white stuff is falling and has been for two days. I hate it. Oh sure, its pretty and white and fluffy. But then you try to walk over to the neighbor's house and get all huffy and puffy because its hard to walk in. It sticky to shoes, boots, pants and tracks inside in slushy piles that wait for the unsuspecting socked foot to step on them. And people around here cannot drive on it. They aren't helped by the fact that the city and state don't actually scrape the roads or put down salt. They hook a shovel to the front of a dump truck and put down sand. People either creep along in their little cars (me-I drive like that) or they get out in trucks and 4x4s and zoom along like idiots. I lost count of the smashed bumpers I saw today when I went out for groceries.
So, no school tomorrow. I will, however, get the little guys up and take them to daycare. They've gotten bored of being cooped up at home with their mother. So they can go be cooped up at daycare and see their friends, and I'll get some extra planning done without the three ring circus taking place in my living room.
Ah, job hunting and, along with that, house hunting, needs to start in earnest this semester, along with class two nights a week and another class online. Along with work. Two kids. Sometimes it seems like so much, I look at it and I get tired. This tired feeling, this is why people settle for low paying jobs in mediocre places, because to get out of it is so exhausting.
1 comment:
Make your plan and do it. The hardest part is the first step. You have a goal and you'll get there one step at a time.
Post a Comment