1:00 Lets take a play bath and bail the water out until the whole house is flooded while mommy is resting and our big brother is supposed to be watching us.
7:00 Lets get into the kitchen and spray half a can of cooking spray on the floor, it was so hilarious when mom almost went on her ass and had to hold on to the counter to keep from falling.
8:00 Go to bed, don't get up, please, just go to bed.
All that aside, my Ex may just have manipulated himself out of visiting with our kids. We are still married in the eyes of the law, he wont keep an adress long enough and I haven't had the money to pay for a divorce by myself. I plan to change that after I get my taxes back.
Anyway, Last night he mentions that Isaiah said something about wanting to stay with him and live with him. Isaiah denied this. I had a longer talk with him about it today. I told him it was okay to want to live with his dad and spend more time with him, but that I wouldn't allow him to do anything I thought might not be best for him.
He was honest with me. He said that he wished his dad would be available to hang out more that he does. But that his dad doesn't keep a house or a girlfriend or a job long enough to live with (Isaiah's words). I asked him if maybe his dad had misunderstood something he had said. Isaiah said that all he said was he wanted more visits. Then he volunteered this: His dad pressures him everytime he sees him. Tells him that when he turns twelve he can choose who he lives with.
Isaiah hates this. He says he doesn't want to be put in the position of choosing who to live with, and that his dad's house probably isn't ever going to be the best place.
Here's my problem: One, the man is putting Isaiah in a horrible position. He shouldn't be made to choose between the parent who's been his constant care giver and a mostly absent parent who he desperately wants to spend more time with.
Two, why is he only interested in Isaiah? Noah is his son too, Gideon has called him daddy all his life, why just the Easy kid?
Three, way would he think he's ever going to get to keep our kids? The man has almost no income, no home that isn't him living with his parents or a girlfriend, or in the most resent case, a girlfriend's mother because the girlfriend is practically homeless too.
I want my boys to see their dad. I want them to have a relationship with him. I don't want to be that harpy of a mother who cuts off the dad. But I hate it when he messes with the kids.
For now, I am watching and waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment