The schools closed because no one is prepared for this kind of cold. The idea of little kids walking or waiting for buses in this is not a pleasant one. Their little bodies loose heat so fast, its dangerous for them to be outside. Not like up north, where its normal to have super warm snow suits for everyone on hand. With snow boots and thermal unders. We don't have a climate that justifies that sort of winter gear, which is why we are all so miserable now.
So, the kids have been cooped up longer than they are used to. They don't sleep well because they can't run off their energy. They are cranky because they haven't slept well. Anyway, we all have cabin fever.
Working of three more job applications and considering another. Just not sure the the back woods of central missouri is a place I want to move to. I feel like I'm in a virtual waste land here, in a college town. But then, maybe someone like me will always feel like they don't fit in. As has been pointed out to me. I have three little kids and two advanced degrees, those five things tend to intimidate many people who might otherwise be interested. Or maybe I'm just that abrasive.
Anyway, this year is the year I will cherish myself and not worry about weather or not I will ever meet someone. Part of that is not only applying to jobs, but applying to jobs in places I actually want to live.
Upper eastern kansas, near topeka, manhattan, lawrence and kansas city, places I'm sure I can get along nicely. Backwoods missori? not so sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment