I dunno. I do know that sometimes I'm just tired of the crap. What crap? you ask?
Male crap. Which is amusing considering the fact that I want a good guy in my life. Something I am increasingly convinced will not happen.
I'm a member of plentyoffish, its a free dating site, very easy to use, no money. It lets you do everything any other dating site does, but lets you contact and communicate with people for free. But here's the problem. I meet guys there. We email or im or sometimes text for a while and nothing happens. They don't want to meet. Or, the ask to im and immediately its clear they want sex. Really, I don't care what fantasies you had about your high school biology teacher.
Or, they seem really really nice, and then I realize they are unemployed. They don't have a car and they live in low income/disabled housing. Am I mean to not want to get involved with someone with such low personal standards?
Am I so unappealing that I will never appeal to or catch someone who isn't grossly morbidly obese, unemployed, hung up on an ex, and lacking in transportation?
Seriously considering swearing off the whole endevore. Its just too disappointing. Or I'm just too ugly fat and weird to ever appeal to a nice guy.
3 comments:
Love the new look of your blog. I have to tell you that your experience in men is quite normal from what I hear from my Granddaughter's who are 29 and 28. Both with BA'S. One with a great job, the other with a so so job that she loves. One is drop dead gorgeous the other plain. Both have great personalities, and guess what....they are having the same tales of woe you are having, and they don't have children. Both want to have a relationship and have children, but can't find anyone to commit. One is on a paid dating site which is nothing more than an easy opportunity for men to troll for more women. I tell them to find a great girlfriend and have fun, and consider becoming single parents, as far as I can see that is just about the only option these days. Men DON'T want any responsibilities....period. Why would a woman take on an added burden just to have a partner. Just thoughts from a Gramma who's seeing it all.
Thanks, its completely free to get the backgrounds, go to the link in the upper left corner.
As to the rest, I guess part of it is that sometimes you just get tired out and need someone to lean on. And physical affection, that isn't something you tend to get from a best girl friend.
Oh well, I think you may be right. And I think our stupid society is at fault. We raise our boys to be concerned with playing sports and with impressing others with feats of daring. But we don't raise them to be responsible or caring or nurturing. In fact boys and men who display those qualities are made fun of.
Oh yes I forgot about the emotional stuff and having a partner that is willing to go toe to toe. They are out there, but somehow I don't think they are on the free sites. I heard of one site guaranteed to find you a mate, cost....$10,000.00. Now that is seriously looking.
Post a Comment